Zona Off Road > 4x4

My Iceland modded vehicle

(1/8) > >>

Icelander:
I had heard alot of people here like Iceland modded cars eh? :)

Well i've got one copy.

Heres what i got

Toyota LandCruiser 90 1998 on 38" Radial Mudder tires.
I have driven it over any glacier in entire Iceland as i mostly drive it on snow.
The engine has a 3.0 liter 4 cylinder straigth, 4I engine. It gives me 127 horsepowers. 362Nm torque

Here ive collected a few images of my rig.

Please dont share them out without letting me know first :)
** sorry for the big filesize of the pictures :) **

https://saebbi.sytes.net/rig/

Tweet

wave:
Increible Icelander!
I dream with your preparations! I have a lot of cuestion about these:
Which is the best tyre for Snow? Mud - All? Some mark in special?
How much expensive is a preparation like your Toyota?
I see in your photos, that many people put Auxiliary Lights; which is for you the best? Many time, I see PIAA or IPF, not?
Your bull bar? Is it hand made?
Are there many  Hyundai Terracan in Iceland? What is it your opinion about this car?
Excuse me, my very bad english and all the questions; but I love ICELAND XP

Un Saludo.
I can´t put more cuestions
Tweet

Icelander:
Ok fella, Its understandable English anyway.

Which are the best tires for snow. : Thats a big issue to ask a 4x4 owner :) they always think their stuff is the best. hehe, but my 38 mudders have been working real good, I would recommend BfGoodrich for anything less than 35", but 35" or more choose something else, always Radial though, unless youre in sand.. duh then it wont matter :) i dream about 44" Mudders but then i would need to weld up a front axle, which i dont want since i use this rig alot into summer tours and tarmac driving too.

How expensive are such rigs. : Thats a personal count little m8, but in Icelandic money real good new cars can go all up to 20 million ISK. That makes 20,000,000.00 ISK / 275,762.99 EUR /  322,642.18 USD

but my rig is way lower than that since its not so much made with professionals, much home mods.

About ligths, I personally use Super 4x4 PIAA ligths. 80W low and 140W high Then ive got a 360° lamp on top, its 120" low and 160" high

The bull bar, No it is bougth but i welded it by myself, i also modded a chip there to stuck a draugthwire puller.

there are a few Hyundai Terracans here yes, maybe 40 38" and 10 44". but that isnt a very popular car here since it aint got no front axle. My opinion is that i dont like the experience of Korean cars alot sorry. But i think its just the way every car model starts, who doesnt remember the troublemaker Toyota LandCruiser FJ40 :) i think its the same deal, but this time its technical problems.

im sure you like your car and i am not giving in a way that you should think i hate it :) Enjoy your ride and dont care about others opinions. In my footprints i wouldnt get one but thats just me :):):):)

Greetings from Iceland.

Icelander.

Tweet

txejo:
pues yo me he quedao  ??? ??? ???
Tweet

wave:
Many thanks by all answers. I asked to you in a future, little by little.
Can you put all your photos here? In a regular size of 800x600px, for example.

I think to change the Korean for a new Toyota Jilux, because in Spain only sold this with the engine of 102hp; and I think this engine it´s short for this model. The perfect it´s the 163hp with 3.0cc. D4D, the same motor of actual Land Cruiser.
And if I'll can the ideal 4x4, possibly the Nissan Patrol GR, or Toyota HZJ 105 ;)

Un Saludo.
Tweet

Navegación

[0] Índice de Mensajes

[#] Página Siguiente

Ir a la versión completa